At Autoline, we want you to know that when you use our organisation you can trust us with your information. We are determined to do nothing that would infringe your rights or undermine your trust. This Privacy Notice describes the information we collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights regarding it.
1. Data Controller - We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller for the personal data that we hold and process. Our registered address is 10 Governors Place, Carrickfergus, BT38 7BN and our registration number is NI20828.
2. Data Collection - The vast majority of information that we hold about you is provided to us by yourself, a named policyholder or someone you have authorised to supply personal data on your behalf when seeking to use our services. We will tell you why we need the information and how we will use it. If you are providing information relating to other individuals you should ensure that those individuals are aware that we will use their details for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice and direct them to this Privacy Notice for information.
3. Call Recording - We record all calls and monitor them for training, regulatory compliance, quality control and verification of information purposes. Calls may be supplied to insurers and relevant third parties for the purposes of addressing complaints, managing claims and the detection/prevention of fraud.
4. Our Lawful Basis for processing your information - The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires all organisations that process personal data to have a Lawful Basis for doing so. If you are unable to provide the required information we may not be able to offer you insurance or continue with cover.
The Lawful Basis identified in the GDPR are:
At Autoline, our Lawful Basis is to ensure that you we can provide you with insurance cover that meets your needs by searching our panel of insurance experts and advise you on the most appropriate cover to fit your requirements as well as the following additional lawful purposes:
For our Telematics product (Chillidrive app), personal data is used to:
Raw Trip data is anonymised and retained indefinitely and may be used by our Telematics provider and their associated partners for the purposes of improving systems, general analysis or generating new aggregate data sets.
We and/or the telematics provider may process Raw Trip Data with a Telematics algorithm (software program) to generate Driver Scores and text / graphical feedback.
We may use your Raw Trip Data and Driver Scores and other policy and product interactions to inform a gamification and rewards which may result in us issuing vouchers or virtual badges or other benefits.
5. Our Legitimate Interests for processing your information - At Autoline our Legitimate Interest is to ensure you are kept fully informed and updated on your policy cover and associated insurance procedures which may be required. Additional legitimate interests include:
6. Personal and Sensitive Data - When providing you with an insurance quote or discussing your insurance requirements, we will need to ask you for personal information which may consist of:
7. Data Transfer to Third Parties - We may share your personal data with:
8. Data Transfer Overseas - We transfer personal data with various third-party service providers for the purposes described in this Notice. Some of these providers are based outside of the EU and may not be subject to the laws of the UK. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure your personal data is treated securely in accordance with this Privacy Notice by sharing a Data Sharing Agreement with each of our overseas providers. We have satisfied ourselves that such transferred data is protected and safeguarded as required by the General Data Protection Regulation.
9. Data Retention - We will only hold your personal data as long as we are required to in law and by our regulators.
12. Your Rights - The General Data Protection Regulation gives you specific rights around your personal data including:
A response to your request will be provided to you within one month of us receiving a valid request. To request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information, please contact our Data Protection Lead by writing to our registered address: 10 Governors Place, Carrickfergus, BT38 7BN .
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice. When we make significant changes, we will notify you by email. We will also publish the updated Notice on our websites.
13. Complaints - If we do something irregular or improper with your personal data you can make a complaint to us. We will fully investigate any concerns raised and seek to rectify any errors as quickly as possible.
You can find out more information from the ICO’s website and this is the organisation that you can complain to if you are unhappy with how we deal with you. You can contact them by calling their helpline 0303 123 1113 or by visiting this link: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/