3 Easy Recipes to Pack a Punch this Pancake Tuesday
16 February 2019
Move over Valentine’s Day, Pancake Tuesday is the only holiday we really care about in February. Our only problem? From toppings to pancake type, there's too much deliciousness to choose from!
If you’re in need of some inspiration ahead of the big day - don't forget, it’s THIS Tuesday (28th) - then you’ve come to the right place. Here are three quick and really easy recipes to give your pancakes a bit of pizazz and save you the extra toil in the kitchen. Whether you favour the classic All American, something super chocolatey or just something a little different, we've got you covered. Just save us some, ok?
Fluffy American Style
200g Self Raising Flour
50g Caster Sugar
1. Sift the self raising flour into a large bowl.
2. Add the caster sugar. In a separate bowl, beat the 2 eggs.
3. Add the eggs and milk (250ml) into the flour and sugar and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
4. Heat a large frying pan to a medium heat and add a little butter or vegetable oil to stop the pancakes sticking. Then, add the pancake mix.
5. Cook until bubbles are starting to form on the top and then flip and cook for another minute until the pancakes are golden brown. Serve with some maple syrup and feel like your in a diner off Route 66 - sort of. Dee-lish.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
1 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup light vanilla soy milk
1.5 tablespoon Coconut or vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp white chocolate chips
2 tbsp macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Preheat a large pan to medium heat.
2. Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl, then add dry ingredients to a sifter and sift into the wet (excluding white chocolate and macadamia nuts).
3. Stir batter until just combined and no large lumps remain, then add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and stir. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
4. Spoon ¼ cup measurements onto a lightly greased pan. Flip when bubbles appear on top or the edges look dry, then cook for 1-2 minutes more.
5. Serve with whatever you like - we say more white chocolate chips, raspberries or a scoop of ice-cream.
Nutella Stuffed Pancakes with Strawberries
10 Tbsp Nutella
1 ½ cups Flour
4 Tbsp Sugar
3 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Milk
1 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Butter
1. Line a baking tray with baking parchment paper. Add 1½ to 2 tbsp of Nutella onto the tray and spread into a thin disk slightly smaller than a normal pancake. Freeze the discs for about 1 to 1.5 hours.
2. Place flour, sugar and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl. Add a pinch salt and mix well. Make a well in the mixture. Add the egg to the well, followed by the milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
3. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of your mix to the pan and quickly add a frozen Nutella disc.Quickly add another ¼ cup of the pancake mix over the top of the disc. Cook for 2 mins before carefully flipping. 4.Serve with strawberries for extra YUM and because it makes this feel kinda healthy, right?